By following the manufacturer's recommendations on proper care and maintenance, you will enhance the life and performance of your carpet. Consult your specific warranty for detailed cleaning and maintenance instructions.
- VACUUM REGULARLY - vacuum your entire carpet weekly, and vacuum high traffic areas such as hallways, entries and stairs twice a week. This will prevent dust and dirt particles from becoming deeply embedded in your carpet, and prolong its life.
- VACUUM CLEANER - keep brushes clean and replace when worn out. Check for rough spots or edges that may damage the carpet. Follow the vacuum cleaner manufacturer's directions, and change the vacuum bag frequently to maintain the highest efficiency.
- SPILLS - follow the manufacturer's guidelines on how to remove spills and treat stains.
- FLOOR MATS - to reduce dirt and moisture from damaging your carpet, some manufacturers recommend the use of frequently cleaned mats or rugs in high traffic areas, particularly at exterior entries.
- CARPET CLEANING - consult your warranty for the appropriate cleaning method for your particular carpet. When hiring a carpet-cleaning professional, it is wise to have them visit your home for a carpet inspection prior to beginning the work, and obtain a written agreement before your carpet is cleaned.
Click here to download our PDF for carpet floor care.